Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Onsite, 5 days/week
The Director, Home Care is responsible for the operation and growth of Akron's Children's Home Care. Builds networks and opportunities within other parts of the state to ensure growth potential. Profitably manages and administers the overall operations of home care, Home Infusion, Private duty, and DME businesses that comprise the AKRON CHILDREN'S HOME CARE brand. Provides leadership, direction and coaching through a management team within the company. The position is responsible for the overall quality of services, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
* Develops business/marketing/ strategic plans for all of the areas that comprise Akron's Children's Home Care services and provides direction to managers and supervisors for successful implementation.
* Assures compliance with all Akron's Children's Home Care policies/procedures and all reimbursement and regulatory guidelines with regard to the day-to-day operations of the home care operations
* Assures adherence to Corporate Compliance regulations payor requirements and regulatory agency standards including JCAHO, Medicare Conditions of Participation, State Licensure standards
* Tracks and trends information on contacts, inquiries, leads, and conversions in an overall effort to understand consumer needs and to track results of marketing efforts for the AKRON CHILDREN'S HOME CARE initiative.
* Compiles and tracks various quality indicators for all the services and reports these monthly or quarterly. Tracks comparison to other similarly situated agencies in Ohio and compares quality data against reported indicators from the Federal Government.
* Tracks and reports various performance and operational statistics such as data on referral sources, sales, expenses and variances from established targets on a monthly basis
* Coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports. Works collaboratively with Medical Director, QAPI Nurse, Nurse Educator and Clinical Nurse Manager.
* Is the service's champion for patient satisfaction tracks results monthly and develops action plans to maintain outstanding patient satisfaction scores and assures corrective action when results are below standard
* Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
Education: MSN degree in Nursing or master's in healthcare administration or related field required
10 Years of experience in Home Health Care is required
5 to 7 years of supervisory experience is preferred
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: