The Product Development Manager is responsible for managing product by aggregating market intelligence to identify and develop future benefit plan designs; recommends product positioning for new and existing products and modifies current products as necessary to be compliant with regulatory requirements.
The Manager will manage new product initiatives from concept to implementation and provide ongoing monitoring. This position will collaborate with Business Development, Finance, Compliance and Operations to report market dynamics, trends and ensure competitive offerings.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor degree preferred or 4 years Health Plan experience in lieu of degree.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 2 or more years Health Plan experience in Medicaid, Medicare or Marketplace (ACA)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
- Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills:
3. Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Traveling around Houston, surrounding counties
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director
EMPLOYEE SUPERVISED: None