Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020887
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has an immediate opening for a Payment Posting Specialist in our Accounts Receivable department.
The Payment Posting Specialist is responsible for the posting of payments from insurance companies, patients, or any third-party payers to customer accounts. While this position requires little direct patient contact the employee must be able to communicate both written or verbally (via telephone) to answer questions as needed. The Payment Posting Specialist provides support to other Accounts Receivable departments as needed.
LOCATION: Austin, TX 78728
HOURS: 1st Shift
FULL TIME: Benefits Eligible
Essential Job Duties:
- Accurately identify patient, account number and type of payment/procedure for account application.
- Effectively communicate with inquiring parties (patients, insurance companies or other A/R teams) regarding patient account.
- Accurately apply payments, process refunds or re-submit accounts as needed.
- Identify and communicate insurance company codes to Follow-Up team on payment or denials.
- Correspond with remote locations to verify payments are sent and received, including patient names, account numbers and types of payments.
- Efficiently process incoming paperwork utilizing department resources as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of department policies, insurance protocols and national laboratory reimbursement charges.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and performs job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA's compliance policies and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the qualifications and experience we require:
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 35 wpm) and 10 Key. MUST be able to demonstrate proficiency.
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to work under deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in accounts receivable; direct experience with accounting procedures, cash reconciliation and general accounting principals
- Experience with medical coding, private insurance, laboratory and/or medical billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a great total rewards package? Apply Now!
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.