Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Academic / Research
Neurology Admin 30
Performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation, and documentation of data in support of clinical trials with occasional guidance. Assists in ensuring adherence to protocols, appropriate regulations, and deadlines.
* Coordinate protocol and patient consent form process and develop assessment tool per protocol to use in clinical research.
* Coordinates preparation of all IRB and regulatory documents; under direction of PI may draft various communications with Sponsor.
* Identifies and recruits clinical research subjects; monitors enrollment goals and modifies recruitment strategies, as necessary.
* Processes and ships lab specimens efficiently and cost effectively; maintains supply inventory and equipment; maintains regulatory standards.
* Abstracts and records all patient data essential to the study onto required case report forms or into the electronic data collection system.
* Collects and monitors all study patient records to document treatments and outcomes as required by the protocol.
* Report all adverse reactions according to VU and protocol guidelines.
* Check values from lab and rates toxicity levels.
* Institutes process improvement measures for efficiency and productivity within the dept.
* Trains and mentors new staff to perform job duties at an acceptable level and understand new processes and regulations. Encourages new employees to ask questions to spur process improvement.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Research Administration (Fundamental Awareness): Knowledgeable on all phases in the lifecycle of a sponsored research project. Well versed in and able to assist researchers in reducing compliance risks and assisting in routine and specialized processes.
* Medical Records Management (Fundamental Awareness): Knowledge of how and where to store and maintain basic records associated with job assignments.
* Laboratory Practices (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with laboratory practices.
Our Academic Enterprise is one of the nation's longest serving and most prestigious academic medical centers. Through its historic bond with Vanderbilt University and integral role in the School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Health cultivates distinguished research and educational programs to advance a clinical enterprise that provides compassionate and personalized care and support for millions of patients and family members each year.
World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.
Aligning with Vanderbilt Health's Strategic Directions, the Office of Research provides shared research resources, administrative expertise and professional guidance to enable the trans-disciplinary environment and highly collaborative culture that advances discovery and training for all the research faculty, trainees, students and staff.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Work Experience :
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.