Location: Valhalla, New York
This Junior Financial Analyst will work with the General Accounting of the WMC Health organization which includes multiple hospitals, physician groups and other affiliated entities in assisting in preparing the monthly close, annual budget and assist with other reporting requirements. Each month the Junior Financial Analyst will assist in handling accounting operations and verify financial records and transactions. Must have a keen attention to detail and assist in maintaining account balances and preparing financial statements.
- Assist in the month end closing process through general ledger review and the preparation of required journal entries and supporting schedules
- Prepare all salary and benefit analysis compared to budget
- Prepare all high level OTPS analysis compared to budget
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Monitor compliance with the budget through review of contracts and detailed general ledger analysis
- Assist in the development of the organization's annual budget which includes:
- Reconcile all Strata (budget software) data loads
- Prepare current year projections
- Prepare and validate payroll information
- Prepare budget reports for Senior Management meetings
- Assist in preparing budget books and presentations
- Work collaboratively with Accounts Payable and Legal to manage contract entry and oversight in ERP system
- Prepare intercompany invoicing and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Assist in State Financial Reporting (PARIS)
- Assist in compiling all financial data for external surveys
- Assists in special projects, ad hoc analysis and other requests from management
Minimum of 1-2 years' experience as an accountant, required.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Excellent computer skills; knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting. Working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations. Excellent written and verbal communication skillsSpecial Requirements: Working knowledge using accounting software.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.