Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Looking for a collaborative environment where you can make an impact on financial reporting and decision making? Join us as we seek a Senior Financial Analyst to add to our Financial Planning area within the Finance department. Interact with various teams to ensure we are budgeting and monitoring hospital revenue effectively.
- Work with other analysts in the preparation of monthly revenue processes which will include, but are not limited to, preparing journal entries, creating monthly revenue variance reports, and analyzing and following up on any unusual variance.
- Work on the preparation of the detailed hospital revenue budget files as well as the calendarization of the overall revenue budget.
- Collaborate on the pricing of the chargemaster. This includes the setting of prices for new charges
- Translate complex financial data into an understandable format for a variety of audiences.
- Assist in projects/assignments that require finance support and/or guidance.
- A critical thinker with an understanding of key performance indicators.
- Self-starter that takes initiative in managing multiple projects independently.
- Skilled in working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- 5 + years of finance, accounting, or related experience, healthcare preferred
- Strong analytical, communication, and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Offices
- Experience with Tableau, COGNOS and GE Revenue systems is a plus.
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.