Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020677
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has an immediate opening for a Controller in our Central Division located in Austin, Texas. (THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY).
The Division Controller is a hands-on and experienced individual who will oversee the Central Office accounting team. This position will be responsible for all facets of general accounting for the Central Office including account reconciliations, fixed assets, lease accounting, monthly close process, preparation of financial statements and periodic reporting. The individual will also provide guidance to Sonic's operating divisions, handle treasury management tasks, and enforce corporate accounting policies and procedures. As the Division Controller for the Central Office, this individual will oversee the external audit process for the US Group, supervise the corporate accounts payable function for the Central Office and oversee AP for the US Group as well. Significant involvement in other special projects will be required as well as a strong working knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and spreadsheet software.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the Central Office accounting team which includes hiring, training, and mentoring staff
- Treasury management activity: oversight and maintenance of cash logs and reporting; management of cash transfers, wires, checks, credit card, and ACH activity
- Prepare and/or oversee account reconciliations for the Central Office
- Assist in enforcement of corporate accounting policies and procedures across the US Group
- Coordinate directly with bank regarding daily issues and required treasury updates, as applicable, and maintain consolidated bank account listing
- Manager the credit card program for the US Group; Duties include helping divisions obtain new credit cards, logging in, speaking with other program coordinators to resolve various credit card issues, and monitoring compliance to increase consolidated spend
- Review divisional balance sheet reconciliations for the US Group
- Analyze divisional balance sheets; Review and report on assigned divisional accounts and actively communicate with divisions for proper resolution of reconciling items.
- Build an accounting team for the Central Office
- Responsible for preparation, posting and reconciliation of journal entries
- Experience integrating acquisitions into various financial systems
- Responsible for preparation of corporate bank account reconciliations and review of divisional bank reconciliations including enforcement of corporate guidelines for resolution of reconciling items
- Responsible for monthly corporate fixed asset and lease accounting including project accounting.
- Assist with external audit including coordination of PBC requests across the US Group
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies
- Support as needed for special finance centric projects
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the qualifications and experience we require:
- BBA degree in accounting. CPA designation is required
- Minimum 5 (five) years accounting experience is required, preferably with a combination of public and industry experience. General accounting experience covering all financial areas is required.
- Prior accounting management experience
- High degree of intelligence and the ability to analyze and comprehend new situations quickly
- Excellent mathematical aptitude
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel
- A high degree of creativity and ability to think strategically
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and team player with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: Sage FAS, PowerPlan, PaymentNet, Certify, Concur, AmTrav, ReQlogic, Multi Entity Management (GP), Workday
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with Great Plains and Management Reporter are strongly preferred
- Multi-company auditing or accounting experience is preferred
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Accounting / Finance
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a great total rewards package? Apply Now!
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.