Onboarding Specialist (Human Resource Dept)
The onboarding specialist will serve as a resource for facilitating various onboarding processes for VUMC employees. This role is responsible for ensuring employee pre-employment requirements are met for regulatory compliance. Supporting candidates through the onboarding process. Collaborates with VUMCs Recruitment and Orientation teams when onboarding employees.
- Review pre-employment background checks for candidates. Distribute additional review requirements as needed and defined within documented procedures.
- Ensure all I-9s are completed timely for sections 1, 2 and 3. Managing work authorization status changes and expirations for all VUMC employees.
- Orientation scheduling for new employees.
- Responds in a timely and appropriate manner to candidates with questions regarding background review process, I-9s, Orientation schedule, etc.
- Present at orientation to assist employees with I9 completion.
- Ensure ongoing compliance for employees. Complete additional background reports, MVR, etc. as needed.
- Discreetly and confidentially handle sensitive data.
- Collect data and coordinate processes for reporting needs. Evaluates data for policy and compliance standards.
DATA ENTRY (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (INTERMEDIATE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PAYROLL (NOVICE):- Knowledge of payroll processing including entry of employee information, tax, benefits and other deductions, use of the appropriate payroll software or interaction with outside payroll services, and exception processing. Knowledge of payroll reporting such as earning statements, payroll journals, department summaries, cash positions, and tax liabilities and deposits.
DOCUMENT AUDITING (NOVICE):- Auditing is conducting an independent review and examination of records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of procedures, policies, standards, rules, capabilities and other aspects to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes.
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.