Location: New York, New York
Academic / Research
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? We might have the ideal one for you!
As a Senior Research Technician you will perform research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science-based projects. You will normally receive detailed instructions while making observations, analyzing data and interpreting results according to laboratory procedures. We will give you the tools to provide support to all technical/research staff and postdocs.
- Effective at communicating, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Eager to seek new opportunities and tough challenges with high energy, and passion
- Prepare laboratory equipment and work with cultures and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA); basic biology or other niche science techniques depending on the lab.
- Operate lab equipment such as centrifuges, pH meters, analytical balancers, scintillation counters, spectrophotometers, light microscopes and other equipment as taught.
- Assist in animal handling requiring injection of animals, collection/harvesting of tissues, fluids; animal autopsies in order to make chemical identification and conduct analyses.
- Complete tasks with the mentorship of your P.I. and staff associated with designated research projects by carrying out the requested activities.
- Provide assistance with other ongoing research for peers and research personnel in the laboratory by completing tasks related to the projects.
- Perform vital analysis and calculations, record data and write reports on research findings.
- Respond to and produce reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study as requested by the laboratory head and members of the research team.
We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor's in Biology or 3 years of closely related experience
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.