Quality Improvement Coordinator - Community Health Choice
Harris Health System
Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 161050
The Quality Improvement Coordinator will assist with all reporting required by regulatory bodies or vendors that involves Risk Adjustment, HEDIS and Quality Improvement, and any internal reports to demonstrate efficacy of the program and internal controls. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the centralized medical record collections for HEDIS, RADV, Risk Adjustment, and Quality Improvement as required by federal statute and ensure compliance. Additionally, this role supports the team with scheduling of meetings, documenting of outcomes, facilitates the development of articles for newsletters/other communications, and other special projects to support the HEDIS, Risk Adjustment and Quality Improvement team.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience (Preferred, Healthcare, Business, Health or related discipline)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One (1) year healthcare experience with a degree; 3 or more years of experience without a degree
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None required
4. Equipment Operated: Customary office equipment including PC, copier, fax, telecommunications equipment, etc. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence)
2. Other Skills: Analytical Medical Terminology MS Word
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor's Degree Major: Healthcare preferred, but not required
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Ability to manage complex projects across multiple departments, critical thinking skills. Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.