POSITION SUMMARY: In alignment with CHRISTUS Health Mission, Vision and Values -- The Director supports the growth of CHRISTUS Physician Group by establishing and maintaining central coordination of the physician recruitment, onboarding and retention functions. The Director is responsible for building and nurturing positive relationships between Providers (physicians, Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC), and administrative team. This position oversees all phases of Provider employment such as recruitment, screening, interview coordination, onboarding and retention activities.
* Develops and maintains a working knowledge of CHRISTUS Physician Group and CHRISTUS Health in order to market effectively to candidates.
* Profiles positions and develops practice opportunity descriptions.
* Maintains a current list of position openings, establishes priorities and updates as needed.
* Facilitates ongoing collaboration and communication to facilitate all recruitment, onboarding and credentialing activity for Provider candidates. Interacts positively with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to the organization, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
* Assists with Physician Experience by:
* Engagement Survey Support
* Physician Wellbeing Support
* New Physician Orientation
* Facilitates on site visit of Providers to achieve effective exposure to CPG, CHRISTUS Health, the people, communities, and practice opportunity. This may include making arrangements for travel, lodging, meals, gift, and developing itineraries for Providers.
* Develops and maintains an effective working knowledge of physician employment agreements, employment process, offer packages, compensation and benefits to answer candidate questions as needed.
* Tracks specific benchmarks, costs, data related to recruitment to include, but not limited to, interview to hire ratios, costs to recruit, time to recruit, number of candidates interviewed, etc.
* Maintains, monitors, and establishes relationships with CPG approved vendors.
* Ensures all vendor contracts are reviewed and approved by legal and ensures the ongoing adherence to vendor contracts.
* Maintains a database for all recruitment needs.
* Establishes necessary and appropriate policies, procedures, training in regards to Provider recruiting.
* Establishes high reach work objectives, personally tracks and reports on performance.
* On a fiscal annual basis or as needed, provides input into the recruitment budget. Manages costs effectively, audits and submits expenses for approval and payment.
* Assists in design, order, stocking of physician recruitment literature, packets, brochures, etc. as needed.
* After an offer has been accepted will have oversight of onboarding activities facilitated by Physician Recruitment Coordinator.
* Continually develops and improves upon processes, procedures, policies and techniques to recruit physicians. Maintains up to date knowledge and compliance with federal and state fair employment laws and guidelines.
* Follows the CPG guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
* Maintains strict confidentiality.
* Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned in order to recruit and retain physicians.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Exhibits behaviors and actions that create a high level of patient/customer satisfaction, positive patient/customer relations, and respect for the patient's/customer's rights needs, and confidentiality.
* Demonstrates effective communication and human relations skills, which promote harmony and teamwork.
* Presents behaviors and actions that maintain the hospital's credibility, integrity, and positive image.
* Demonstrates behaviors and actions that support the mission, goals, and operations of the hospital and which contribute to continuous service improvement.
* Assists with special projects as assigned.
* Accurately interprets and communicates Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
* Exhibits flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work environment or work schedule.
* Maintains a positive attitude, even during periods of stress.
* Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.
* Complies and adheres to all CPG policies.
* Maintains positive attendance and communicates in advance any absence from work.
* Adheres to all patient and environmental safety policies and procedures.