Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
The new 53-bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Career Opportunity for a Medical Staff Services Manager in Longmont, Colorado
As a Medical Staff Services Manager for the University of Colorado Hospital, you will coordinate, monitor and perform all the clinical privileging process for initial appointments, temporary privileges, reappointments, and other credentialing instances of medical staff and allied health professionals for the Community Division hospital. Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Provides administrative support for the Medical Executive Committee (MEC), Credentials Committee, and medical staff leaders.
- Performs clinical privileging for medical staff and allied health professionals.
- Collects reviews, analyzes and provides data for medical staff committee and board review.
- Processes requests for approval related to additions or changes. Ensures that requisite licenses, malpractice coverage, and certifications are current for all medical staff members and allied health professionals with membership and/or privileges.
- Maintains files on medical and allied health professionals including information related to licensure or clinical practice disciplinary actions, clinical practice restrictions, and medical malpractice suits, judgments and settlements. Provides requested reports as directed.
- Maintains current knowledge of and compliance with medical staff accreditation standards with applicable regulatory agencies and licensing standards.
- Participates in the implementation of medical staff services related policies and procedures.
- Participates in regulatory agency surveys.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of related experience
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS).
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.